Welcome!

Html Free Code

Sharon's Recent Post

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Chronicles In Life

Before I trusted Christ: 

 I went through my life living like most other people in this world do. Doing such things is quite normal to me and thinking what happen to every people lives is part of this world evolution. In the physical realm the process of physical life will thus go on and on. People born in stages from mother's womb, then grew up until got married then became old and die. As the years went past, a number of people I knew passed away and it scared the daylights out of me and shook me to the core. The brevity and uncertainty of life was always on my mind and I wondered what was the point on it all. I had that underlying feeling of guilt and I knew deep down if I died I would go to hell. I don't know how I knew this bu I just knew. 

I just knew God as an existence, who made the heavens and the earth. Yes! I believed in Him. I go to church. I read the bible at times and doing what is good to others and to myself. Sometimes, the things that I've been showing to other people is not really the way I want it. It was just like a mask, there's something that is hidden inside me. And this might be a sort of emptiness, a fear of death, a constant frustrations at my own character and life's mistakes. And still... back in my mind, there's something that I am searching and longing for. And the years of my life went like that - to sum it all, its a meandering in my life. I asked myself, Is this what life is all about? 

How I trusted Christ: 

Sometime in my college years, I came to know the Lord as my Lord and personal savior. A while back, it started with a song from the church I've been attending... I remember so vividly the feeling when I heard some part of the song entitled "Heart of Worship" and "Lord, I give you my heart". It really coins my heart and there is something inside me seemed to caved in and I certainly knew the beating of my heart, calling me to come to Jesus realizing all the sins I've been committed to and asking God for forgiveness and change me from the inside out. Truly, I don't felt like this way before... having been a regular churchgoer since childhood. I thought I knew about God. How wrong I was. 

What changes me inside is that God is working in my life. And truly God often uses people to positively influence my life. They helped me know the Lord in my life personally. With them, I find a sense of belonging and considered them as my true friends and family. The Lord showed me a lot of things. Life made me more sense and meaning. Plus, I understand God's word in the Bible. It says, " For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding." - Proverbs 2:6 (NIV). If we ask Jesus to come into our lives, He will forgive us and change our lives. As each day went by I noticed that my weaknesses and things I habitually did wrong were no longer an issue and the void that I always had was filled. 

 Since I've trusted Christ: 

I often thought becoming a true Christian would mean your life is boring and you can't do this or that. But that could not be further from the truth as I have experience first hand. It is probably wrong mindset that prevented me from becoming a Christian so long. Now, I am truly happy rather than a mask and my life is full of purpose. I don't claim to be perfect by any means but I know I am positively different and content as God is now the center of my life. We all have a past and I am not proud of mine but with God the past is past and it has nothing to do with the present. It is amazing that no matter what we have done in our lives, God will accept us if we ask His forgiveness. I no longer have that sense of guilt as I know Jesus has forgiven me of all my past wrongs. Consequently, I don't fear death anymore or worry about eternity as I believed in God's word that I would now go to heaven. Not because of me or anything I have done but because I trusted God. 

God changes people from inside and out, so outwardly it may not appear a huge change in my life, but inside there has been. Indeed, people think that my life was normal and not that bad. And from most people's eyes that is correct. But it is important to look at our lives the way God sees it and then we will realize why we all need FORGIVENESS. 

I simply believed that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world. It is this truth that has changed my life. After all what God has done for me. My desire is simply to share God's amazing love, fulfillment and truth with others. I believe it takes our willingness to be open and allow God into our lives. I'm so glad I made the right choice, maybe God is using this to help you make the right choice, too. 

THE FUTURE: 

God has given me fresh purpose and drive so I am excited about the future. I do not know what will happen tomorrow, next week or even in the next future years. And that is no longer a worry, as it is the most amazing reassuring feeling knowing that God is in control of my life and He knows the future even since the world begun. I have not been perfect and there have been many trials throughout my life and I have always made it though. Romans 8:28 has always been with me in my mind and in my heart that no matter I went get through in life, no thing or human can ever separate me from the love of God. NOTHING! No matter how impossible life can be seen at times, God is always there watching over me and loving me. The older I become, the more I know this and begin to understand everything. God is in control --- everything happens in life for a reason. We are all instruments of choice, however, I have often been faced head on with mistakes --- and the only way to dealt with them - is to recognize them, confess them, and ask for forgiveness and more on with God's grace. 

My faith has seen me through deaths of people I've known. I often wonder how people make it, through tragedy without the love of our Heavenly Father. I just cannot understand how - to which only the love of God has seen me through some of the trials in life - without being able to converse with him on a daily basis, I do not know how I could make it through in this world --- where evil and hate are so predominant. My past will haunts me like an uninvited guest. In times of trial and discouragement I find myself weeping and in my tears I find our Lord faithfully encouraging me to keep on. 

As I journey through the rest of my life, I'm sure there will always be suffering because this world is not my home. I will still makes mistakes, people will still hurt me and I may still hurt others. I may sometimes fail to apply God's truth and maybe occasionally dishonor the Lord. But through all these, I am assured that God is my anchor and so I will not be moved. I am deeply loved, completely forgiven, totally accepted and I am a whole person of Christ. I have nowhere else to go but God alone. Glory to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. How my God woos me to heaven - and every step of the way I know that one day my FAITH will be made sight.

No comments: